Moored at Home in Bumble Hole

Moored at Home in Bumble Hole
At Home - Moored at Bumble Hole

Thursday 16 June 2011

A hole in my bucket !!!!!!!!!

Have now removed all the internal bulkheads and removed any wood that needed replacement from the side panels below the gunnels along with the insulation. Pleased to see that he metal is sound and the original hammerite finish is still good......on the sides...

Standing in the middle, I can touch both sides










However when I cleaned out the the bottom corners, HORROR of HORROR
daylight peeped through ..... and I spy a hole....in the bottom.......a sharp intake of breath
.........and words I cant print.......

On close inspection, the hole is NOT rust related, many sighs of relief, phew.

The hole is perfectly round, 1/4" diameter and very much man made ????? did it have a plug hole / drain hole.......I wonder.......?????

The good news is that the thickness of the base is established at 1/2 ", the metal is sound.....and welding in a bolt will seal it, but I will make further investigations with the builder......Jim would be joking about corks and bungs......and a Hancock impersonation.

Anyway, I am not panicing...Mr Mannering

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Livin and enjoyin every second of every day

Followers