Moored at Home in Bumble Hole

Moored at Home in Bumble Hole
At Home - Moored at Bumble Hole

Tuesday 6 March 2012

I always wanted to do woodwork !!

But it wasn't allowed at my school....cookery for girls and woodwork for boys...no choice for us then........but that wuz 'a long time ago in Accrington' Ha. Of course because we weren't allowed, the urge to diy has always been high on my list of things to master etc.. AND its wonderful to have a fab workshop and so many tools to use.....Jim's dream retirement.....inventing in the workshop by day and telescoping the nights away. Thank goodness I learned some lessons well !!!! and plenty of health & safety instructions should keep me safe (touch wood ???) But I am quite amazed at what I have managed to do so far....A good teacher wuz my Jim.



























SO making a new cratchboard has been perfect to try out all the equipment...and now I have got the hang of the using router, well you have never seen so much in the way of shavings and dust and so much fun, nothing is safe Ha Ha. Two coats of cuprinol done should give it plenty of protection, next will be two thin coats of Sikens. The pegboard is just a temporary, to see how it all works first .. Its all evolving somehow....I stare at something long enough and slowly it turns into something usefull ha ha ..


Sometime I would like to do some stained glass panels, I have a couple of round ones somewhere safe (!!!) that I made when we first moved on to Wildrose, but never got round to fitting them in the front doors, again something for the future...for now it all has to be just practical and enough to be able to continue with other stuff.



This will be a prototype as I have put it together in completely the wrong order and there are holes that should have been drilled earlier in the construction. More joints could have been glued and plugged so as now I have good measurements and a pattern, this will do nicely until we are on the water. It will also test my design for ease of use and strength. The front tonneau cover is the next puzzle....hmmmmmmmmmm where's the sewing machine ??




But at the moment, there isnt a piece of wood safe from me and my router now I have got it working ffffffabulous

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Livin and enjoyin every second of every day

Followers