Moored at Home in Bumble Hole

Moored at Home in Bumble Hole
At Home - Moored at Bumble Hole

Wednesday 4 July 2012

Keeping cosy by the fire

Then all of a sudden things are happening... The helpful Ian of Kinver Canopies came over to check out Wildrose and decided that some extensions to the side safety bars would be needed in order for them to fit the canopy framework. They recommended a welder and he has done a cracking job. Doesn't look like an extension at all and is a good safety feature also.

 With a little help from his dad, who used to have a narrowboat himself.







Parallel bars,  to be painted blue with a red top rail. A good job well done.


AND he appears to be not just a pretty face but is a mechanic/engineer by trade.  ahaaa I thought as I showed him the engine with fingers crossed behind my back, and as luck would have it I am now pleased to report that he has agreed to take on the job of installing it and getting the whole engine, fuel supply and, well, everything needed to getting her up and running.  "A refreshing change from working on crappy cars"  he said.  So this week has seen us dragging the engine into the light ... whoopydoo ....



Lots of discussions now, finding everything, the manuals, drawings, lists of things to include and bits n pieces.  ?? Where is the Aquadrive ?? (phew glad I have already got this as it had to be specialy machined to fit), Where did we hide the diesel tanks ??  
Gosh I hadn't expected this.  I had actually given up and was going to leave it till she was back on the water then just hope.  
So, lets see what a couple of days from a professional will bring.  
P.S. apologies to anyone reading this who has a crappy car, I hav had a few and they got me about and did the job and every one of them I loved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Livin and enjoyin every second of every day

Followers